Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

"Oh God! What the heck is this?!!"

     I finally decided to see the new 'Dum Maaro Dum' film's song promo featuring Deepika Padukone just to see what's the hype about, why the news channels have termed it as 'hot video' and applauded Deepika for being the usual 'hot and sexy'..
     This was my reaction,
Eyes wide, shocked and my mouth resembling as if I had 'kaarita' (the one which we squish by our toe during Diwali symbolizing Sri. Krishna defeating Narkasur).. yes! that was my reaction..
     This song is - to be described in simple words- FALTU (not that film, ofcourse). Deepika looks like a hippie first and then a junglee in those rags when she starts doing those jerky movements. And what's with the song?! The singer's voice is hoarse and light years away from being musical for God's sake! She-is-screaming! And "Akkad Bakkad bumbey bo?!" Why have all the songwriters attempted suicide that they've copy-pasted a classic old song with some changes- to make it trendy (ooh wow!)- leading to disastrous results? Oh I get it now! The makers of the film haven't got innovative, original ideas so they picked up an old, evergreen, beautiful film and decided to make it again, so why should the music producers attempt something new! We are a family afterall!
     Sorry folks! i couldn't make myself (force myself) to watch more than 1 minute of Deepika doing hooga-booga! And come on Deepika! I loved you even though you suck big time in acting! But this?! I can't advise you anything except that you just sit in front of your gigantic Plasma TV in that cute Nescafe outfit, have the coffee too if you want, make yourself comfy and with an honest, open mind watch this nonsense (Try darling!)
     And then I'd really love to listen to your views regarding it....

No comments:

Post a Comment