Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Blood Check-Up

     It is not a fun thing to go for blood check up. I did it this morning. And the entire process irritated me big time.Its not that I'm scared of needles but I need someone to be there with me when they poke me. But I made my father come with me saying that I'm scared. Maybe I was scared because I've done this just once before.  I don't know.
     As a child I used to get very afraid of injections. I used to lock myself up in the bathroom for like an hour and get out eventually when my parents used to get tired of persuading me that it won't hurt and give up. I've must've missed important shots because of this. No one in my house has any idea of whether i have completed the regular shots. (Its funny for me even though its dangerous!) I hate the smell of spirit, though its a nice smell. Its reminds me of our previous family Doctor who had this cabin. People were taken there to give injections. So when he used to tell my Mom to take me to that room. Bam! My tears would start like flash flood- complete with a high decibel scream which the patients waiting outside could hear too. Another thing that initiated my tears would be that pressure cooker in which he used to sterilize his needles! I used to start "Nahi.. nahi.. (sob)" (I'm chuckling a great deal as I am typing this. Memories!) I have ran from the Doctor too; lots of times; till my house and then scream and shout at my parents for doing this to me. That they are bad. That I would die (yes! I was hyper back the. Still am. But I don't threaten my parents by saying forbidden things like dying and all). That doctor must've had a jolly, funny time in his boring, routine life coz of me! hehehhe..
     Back to present, this diagnostic centre opens at 8am! So stay hungry till that time if you want to go for Blood test. Other centres open by 7:30 am. So we had to wait for 10 minutes till that lady came at 8:05. Then she did her billing and all. And finally she asked me to sit on that chair in the inside room. I went and sat. And looked around the room (I have a habit of doing this as I am not a patient person. I can't wait). There was this big machine, a bed, lights, a chair (on which I sat). That's it. The Lady started getting the things required. The needle (I checked that it was packed), a half- sized test-tube and she went out. Again one test-tube and I was laughing in my mind. Then she brought another one. A thought occured in my mind that will she poke me 3 times? I laughed at my stupidity. I was smiling huge. I was also cursing at that Lady in my mind coz she was taking so much time which further elevated my mood. My Dad was looking at me and laughing at my reaction too. I was thinking "Come on Lady! Poke me already!" Waiting kills! She then took my hands and felt my vein. I looked down and -nothing. I couldn't see my vein today! She then strapped me and told me to clench my fists and not to move or loosen my grip or else my vein will something something (I don't remember. Din't pay much attention to her). But its  a bad thing to say that. Thank you for scaring me a bit! I had a mental image that I move as she pokes me and that something- something happens and then she's poking me again and again trying to find my vein. Surprisingly I laughed at this thought (mentally). I must've looked as if I was having a nice time, like being in a spa or something. Then came the spirit (ugh!) It still gives me creeps (Its interesting how with just that smell I'm thrown back to that doctor's clinic, and his pressure cooker!) So finally she poked the needle (Thank God!) and took out my blood and put it into those 3 test-tubes and I was finally able to get out of that disgusting environment!
     Good riddance! Now I just hope everything's fine with me. No problems. Please God...

2 comments:

  1. ... Reading this made me feel as if I'm the one getting the injection. Nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks for commenting...
    i'm glad u liked it..
    :D

    ReplyDelete