Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2017

When the skies burst open

When the skies burst open, 
I heaved a sigh of relief.
My heart calmed down
As if rains 
are going to wash away my problems.
And leave my life bright and clean.

I put my hands out in the rain.
And wonder how a year has passed.
Rains are great time tellers.
My mind projects my life
In fast forward
And I smile.

It has stopped raining now.
But the clouds rumble in the distance,
Reminding us that they are still here.
Growling, 
waiting to crash into each other,
To create a lightning sword,
That Zeus would be proud of.
And a thunder that silences us mortals.

As I lie on my bed,
Soothed by the cold breeze wafting in,
Ignoring all my worries,
At this moment,
I am at peace.



3 comments:

  1. Another poetry blog! This damn site is full of them! Listen, you may think you're introspective and deep, but you're not. You're just another nameless voice yelling into the abyss with the rest of us. Stick to bungee jumping and figuring out what juices to drink.

    ReplyDelete