Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

The bitter truth

Someone please clear the air.
Take away this cloud of mist,
Render my senses bare.
Tell me for once.
Are we different?
Or are we the same?

If bodily we have contrasts,
Weren’t we the same at a time as fetuses?
A mild tweak gave you a penis
And me the lower sex.
Gave your parents joy,
And mine permanent worry lines.

Worry to make me an all-rounder;
a star in school, sports and house.
So that nobody raises a finger.
Worry to keep me safe.
Giving me the freedom to live my life,
“But be back before 10 pm”.
Worry if I become too liberal,
and not attract a suitor.
If I refuse to bog down,
If I rebel.

Is it a difference in strength?
How can it be?
If at home, girls have to sit and stay,
While boys their age get to play.
A Billion dollar beauty industry targets me.
Yet you step outside easily,
Your face devoid of any cream.

It takes a toll,
Being constantly on guard.
Getting goosebumps,and startled easily.
Screaming in sleep,
Every other week.
Coz now I’m trapped
And my scream saves me,
From a hand being forced on me.

All this,
Just because of a Vagina?

As much as I’m a feminist,
And love being an Eve, 
If given a do-over
I’ll take the way out.


I’d rather not be born.

No comments:

Post a Comment